About the SSA
- The SSA represents the UK's leading spice and seasoning processors.
- Members source raw materials worldwide.
- Members supply a wide range of ingredients to food manufacturers, food service
providers and retailers.
- Members service customers' specific requirements throughout the UK, Europe and
the rest of the world.
The SSA is committed, through research, process and application technology and
creativity to the development of innovative products, which include:
- Spices and Herbs in a wide variety of forms, e.g. whole, ground, blended, fresh,
frozen, dried, purees and pastes
- Further processed spices e.g. oleoresins and essential oils
- Spice blends and Seasonings, including ethnic blends, e.g. curry powders
- Dry Sauce and soup mixes, wet sauces and dressings, marinades
- Coating systems such as savoury batters, breaders and dustings
- Speciality Food Ingredients
Objectives of the Association
- To provide a centre of communication for its members
- To represent members' interests in a responsible and consistent way
- To promote the wider use of seasoning and spices
- To strengthen and develop links with European & Worldwide organisations
- To ensure members are fully aware of all current and future legislation
- To lobby to ensure that new legislation not only offers effective protection
for the consumer but is also proportionate
- To promote the continuous improvement of standards across the industry
Last reviewed: 11 Jun 2012